A healthy home has healthy humidity and moisture levels. Unfortunately, many homes in Augusta, SC have moisture levels well above the recommended numbers. This is especially common in homes with crawl spaces, but the problem can be easily solved with a crawl space moisture barrier.
If you live in Augusta and your home has a crawl space, a moisture barrier prevents too much moisture and humidity. If your crawl space doesn’t have a barrier — or if your existing one is damaged — here’s why you should have that fixed…
Why Install a Moisture Barrier in Augusta?
1. Energy Savings. With too much moisture, it may be tougher to heat or cool your home. At the same time, it’s harder to maintain healthy airflow. This will increase your energy usage and reduces the lifespan of HVAC components.
2. Air Quality. High moisture levels are associated with a number of air quality concerns, including airborne mold spores. Low air quality can result in chronic health problems for you and your family.
3. Pipes & Wiring. More moisture makes it easier for metals to rust, including pipes and electrical components. Without a moisture barrier, many homes in Augusta are at increased risk of leaks and electrical problems.
4. Pest Prevention. Rodents, insects, and other indoor pests love dark and damp areas. Unresolved moisture issues in your crawl space could attract mice, rats, cockroaches, or termites.
5. Structural Integrity. Wood-frame construction can be compromised by wood rot or termite damage, which occur frequently in homes with high moisture. By installing a vapor barrier, you can reduce the risk of both.
Moisture Barrier Installations in Augusta, SC
Given dangers of excess moisture in your crawl space, how can you avoid these problems? We suggest you start with a crawl space moisture inspection from Crawlspace Medic®.
Our trained inspectors will measure your crawl space’s moisture levels to see if you have a moisture issue. If you do, we can install a polyethylene barrier to correct the issue. Our moisture barriers are thicker than the typical barriers installed by other providers in Augusta. We also seal any seams to ensure an airtight barrier, a step that other contractors may skip.
Crawlspace Medic® offers moisture inspections and vapor barrier installations throughout Augusta and the surrounding areas, like Forest Acres and Lexington.
Call Crawlspace Medic® today at (706) 760-7616 to learn more about our moisture barrier installation services in Augusta, SC and the surrounding areas.